Competition Entry Rules
GENERAL COMPETITION ENTRY RULES
- All Entrants must be financial members of the Club
- All entries must be the work of the entrant
- Competitions for the annual aggregates are held in each of the following categories
Section 1 Projected Images – includes both slides and digital
Section 2 Monochrome Prints (Maximum image area A3)
Section 3 Colour Prints (Maximum image area A3)
Section 4 Album Prints (max 15cm x 10cm)
NOTE: Triptychs are not permitted in Album prints
Section 5 Novice Projected images – open category
- A limit of 3 entries is allowed in each section on each competition night. Entries may be Set subject and/or Open, in any combination,
e.g. 3 images in total may be entered, but these can be split across Set and Open Sections (such as 2 in open and 1 in set, but NOT 3 in open and 3 in set).
- A maximum of 3 entries is also allowed in each section of the Annual Exhibition
- Images are judged out of 10 for annual aggregate competions. Awards will be made at the end of the year to aggregate winners in each section.
- Annual Exhibition entries are judged out of 15 points.
- Entries may be used twice in normal competitions, but are only eligible for entry in the Annual Exhibition if they have not been entered in a previous Annual. Shields are awarded to top scorers in each section of the Annual and Aggregate Competition (Judges discretion if more then one top point scorer)
- Slides are to be correctly spotted in the lower left corner when viewed in the hand the right way up and must bear the Entrant’s name.
- Printed images are to bear the Entrant’s name and title on the back (either the print or the matte)
- A title for images is preferred
- IMPORTANT: The entrants name and title of the images are to be emailed to the Print Competition Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 7pm on the Tuesday prior to competition
IMPORTANT: ALL ENTRIES ARE TO BE WITH THE COMPETITION SECRETARY NO LATER THEN 7:45PM ON THE NIGHT. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
PROJECTED IMAGE COMPETITION RULES – DIGITAL, NOVICE and SLIDES
As well as the General Competition rules, the following apply to projected entries:
- Maximum total number of images in any competition is 3. These may be split between the Open and Set Subject sections
- Slides must be 35mm
- Digital images:
- All images must be set to a resolution of 72DPI
- The maximum files size of any one file is 500kb.
- Maximum image dimensions are 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high
- Members who are unsure on how to re-size their images accordingly, should contact a committee member for further guidance
- LARGER IMAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
- Image files must be named with the
- competitors name
- image title
- category – Open or Set subject
Your Name_Your picture title_Category
Please split your name, image title and category (Open/Set or Novice) with an underscore _ character
e.g.: Joe Blogs_Image Title_Set
e.g.: Joe Blogs_Image Title_Novice
- Images must be emailed to email@example.com and must be received no later then 7pm on the Monday before the Competition
Eligibility for Novice Section.
Novices are deemed to be those who have been a member of BPC or any other photographic club for less than 12 months and who identify themselves as relatively new to photography.
It is assumed that, in any case, those consistently scoring high in the novice section will seek to stretch their horizons in the other 4 categories