Competition Entry Rules
GENERAL COMPETITION ENTRY RULES
- All Entrants must be financial members of the Club
- All entries must be the work of the entrant
- Competitions for the annual aggregates are held in each of the following categories
Section 1 Projected Images – includes both slides and digital
Section 2 Monochrome Prints
Section 3 Colour Prints
Section 4 Album Prints (max 15cm x 10cm)
- A limit of 3 entries is allowed in each section on each competition night. Entries may be Set subject and/or Open, in any combination,
e.g. 3 images in total may be entered, but these can be split across Set and Open Sections (such as 2 in open and 1 in set, but NOT 3 in open and 3 in set).
- A maximum of 3 entries is also allowed in each section of the Annual Exhibition
- Images are judged out of 10 for annual aggregate competions. Awards will be made at the end of the year to aggregate winners in each section.
- Annual Exhibition entries are judged out of 15 points.
- Entries may be used twice in normal competitions, but are only eligible for entry in the Annual Exhibition if they have not been entered in a previous Annual. Shields are awarded to top scorers in each section of the Annual and Aggregate Competition (Judges discretion if more then one top point scorer)
- Slides are to be correctly spotted in the lower left corner when viewed in the hand the right way up and must bear the Entrant’s name.
- Printed images are to bear the Entrant’s name and title on the back (either the print or the matte)
- A title for images is preferred
IMPORTANT: ALL ENTRIES ARE TO BE WITH THE COMPETITION SECRETARY NO LATER THEN 7:45PM ON THE NIGHT. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
PROJECTED IMAGE COMPETITION RULES – DIGITAL and SLIDES
As well as the General Competition rules, the following apply to projected entries:
- Maximum total number of images in any competition is 3. These may be split between the Open and Set Subject sections
- Slides must be 35mm
- Digital images:
- All images must be set to a resolution of 72DPI
- The maximum files size of any one file is 500kb.
- Maximum image dimensions are 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high
- Members who are unsure on how to re-size their images accordingly, should contact a committee member for further guidance
- LARGER IMAGES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
- Image files must be named with the competitors name, image title and Open or Set subject in the format
Your Name_Your picture title_Category
Please split your name, image title and Category (Open/Set) with an underscore _ character
e.g.: Joe Blogs_Image Title_Set
- Images must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received no later then 7pm on the Monday before the Competition